Baby and Toddler Photography
I’m a baby and toddler photography specialist, but what exactly does that mean?
Children have always been at the heart of my family photography. Parents often tell me their priority during the session is to capture their little ones. I understand this completely.
Recording your Baby’s milestones and development is often the main reason for booking a professional photography session. This is what I’ve loved doing for the last 12 years.
I’ve worked with hundreds of children, and they’re all unique. I’ve learned a lot about child development and how to bring out each individual personality through interactive play.
SCROLL DOWN FOR OTHER TOPICS ON THIS PAGE:
- Types of session available
- Pricing and packages
- How your session works
- One client’s story
- About me and my Baby Photography
- Contact form to get in touch and online booking details
What Kind of Sessions are Available?
- Newborn – at your Home or in the Studio (see my Maternity & Newborn page for more details)
- Older Newborn – around 6 to 8 weeks to capture first smiles
- Tummy Time Session – around 4 to 6 months
- Sitter Session (and crawling) – around 7 to 11 months
- First Birthday
- Toddler – running, jumping, climbing, playing. Available in the Studio or Outdoors.
I recommend a Studio or Home session for Babies under 12 months. Once your Little One is walking we can do an outdoor session if you prefer.
These sessions are about capturing your Little One’s development and milestones. Everyone is welcome to join in these sessions but most of the photographs with be of your child.
If you’d like more Family/Sibling photographs you might prefer to book one of my Family Sessions.
Pricing and Packages:
When you book you’ll pay £30 to secure your session and then the balance of your chosen package (see above options) at your viewing appointment.
You can upgrade and add other products if you wish. I have a lovely selection of luxury display products available to see in the Studio including framed photographs, handmade albums and memory boxes. All of these come with your chosen images included as Digital Files.
Here are some examples of the options available:
Baby and Toddler Photography, How it Works:
- I’ll send you tips and advice beforehand about what to bring; usually their favourite toy and a choice of outfits. I’d much rather use your child’s own things in the photographs to make them personal.
- I take time at the beginning of your shoot to get to know your Little One and what makes them laugh.
- I work quickly to make sure your child does not get overtired and stays engaged throughout the session.
- Your Session will last up to an hour.
- At the end of your Session we’ll have a chat about the options available, you can see all the products in the Studio gallery and I’ll give you a full price list to take home.
- We’ll also book in your viewing appointment (usually for the following week). I also have evening Zoom appointments available for your viewing.
The photographs you order are completely your choice. Most people choose one of my packages of 10 or All digitals (see above), often adding a couple of extra mounted prints to give as gifts. Most of my clients normally spend between £200 and £400.
Cheryl & Baby Morgan’s Story:
I contacted Jen in early 2019 shortly after my first son was born. I had searched the internet for a family/baby photographer and loved every photo on her website. During our first conversation we instantly clicked and I knew she was the right person for us. I had so many thoughts and ideas and she made it all so easy and so simple. We booked in 3 milestone at shoots, 3, 6 and 9 months and we talked about colours and outfits and props before each shoot. She helped to plan some family shots in amongst it all too! The main result is three beautiful art blocks of our gorgeous boy, hanging side by side. There are no words to describe how much I love them, they still wow me every day. I can’t not stop and take them in whenever entering and leaving the room. After such fantastic photos we went on to book a 1st birthday shoot which was so much fun, my son playing with balloons and Jen capturing his character like no other picture I have of him. Then what to do with all of these amazing photos: we made a collage of the head shots from each shoot covering his first year. I honestly can’t recommend Jen enough as a baby/child/family photographer, and I can’t wait to have our new edition to the family in the studio with her – already booked for April this year! – Cheryl, Mike & Morgan
A Bit About Me & My Baby Photography:
As a parent myself I have first hand experience of what professional family photography has to give. The photographs I have of my Son’s development are beyond precious and I have seen the joy they have given to all the people who love him, especially his Grandparents (who now ask for more photographs for every birthday and Christmas present).
The first two years of your child’s life are full of milestones. It is a magical time that can go by in a blur.
You’ll notice I don’t use many props in my photographs, that’s because I like to keep the photographs focused on your child with no distractions.
Over the last 12 years I have had the privilege of working with hundreds of families. Other than my time spent taking the photographs, the part of my job I love the best is seeing the reactions my clients have when they view their finished images. I’ve had many tears of joy in the Studio.
“We took our 17 month old grandson along to Jen’s studio for a photo shoot. When we arrived he had fallen asleep in the car so wasn’t really cooperating! However Jen was lovely with him showing great patience and he was very quickly enjoying himself. We got some wonderful photos! They were very natural and Stanley’s character shone through in every one. We found it impossible to choose our favourite as they were all so good. Thank you Jen we will definitely return! – Liz and Ian Brackenbury
I’d love to hear from you.
You can use the form below to get in touch if you have any questions: